Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
- Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
- On one segment: an image of St. Simon Stock receiving a scapular from the child Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary. The inscription "PLEDGE OF SALVATION" is below the image. On the other segment: an image of Mary and the child Jesus offering a scapular to an angel and others in Purgatory. The inscription "RELEASE FROM PURGATORY" is below the image.
- Persistent Record Link:
Jesus Christ -- Childhood
Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Apparitions and miracles
Simon Stock, Saint, 1165?-1265
Also known as the "Brown Scapular."
Forms part of the Liturgy and Life Artifacts Collection. Original artifact found in Box 137.
- Reproduction note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chestnut Hill, MA : Boston College, Burns Library 2000.
- Physical Description:
- 1 scapular : canvas, brown and white and woolen cloth, brown and string, white ; 57 cm. long.
- Use Restrictions:
- See Burns Library staff for terms governing use.