Court House, Smithville, North Carolina Capture of Wilmington
- Court House, Smithville, North Carolina Capture of Wilmington
- In Leslie's Illustrated March 18, 1865, p. 412.
- Persistent Record Link:
- February 3, 1865
- art original
Courthouses -- North Carolina -- Smithville -- Pictorial works
Fort Fisher (N.C. : Fort) -- Siege, 1864-1865 -- Pictorial works
Smithville (N.C.) -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works
North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works
Graphite drawings -- American -- 1860-1870
Smithville, Mecklenburg, North Carolina, United States
Fort Fisher (N.C. : Fort)
Recto: different hand: "Used Feb 24."
Verso: "Court House, Smithville NC // Feb 3rd." Different hand: "Va [canceled] // [Signed] J.B. // One of the apartments in this building was used as a shoe store and the rest as court offices. Piles of public dockuments [sic; k canceled] were strewn over the floors some of them very old dating as far back the times of Washington."
Condition: Raggedness along margins.
Original drawing location: CW-JB-NC-2/3/65b (Box 3.)
- Original location:
- Original drawings and photographic reproductions. Becker Archive, Boston College Fine Arts Dept.
- Reproduction note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chestnut Hill, Mass. : Becker Project, 2005. Created from a photographic reproduction of the original drawing.
- Physical Description:
- 1 art original : graphite on wove paper ; 6.75 x 4.75 in.