Francis Borgia letter, 1557 November 1
- Francis Borgia letter, 1557 November 1
- Autographed letter signed, from Borshegia to Queen Catherine of Portugal. Concerns church matters.
- Persistent Record Link:
- Borja, Francisco de, Saint, 1510-1572
Borja, Francisco de, Saint, 1510-1572 -- Correspondence
Catarina, Queen, consort of John III, King of Portugal, 1507-1578
Catholic Church -- Clergy
Jesuits -- Correspondence
- Biographical/Historical note:
- Spanish Jesuit. Of noble birth, Borgia in early life assisted at the court of Charles V, and eventually succeeded to the dukedom of Gandra. In 1548 he joined the Society of Jesus and helped establish numerous institutions. He was elected Father General of the Order in 1565. Borgia was canonized in 1671.
- Reproduction note:
- Electronic reproduction. Chestnut Hill, Mass. : Boston College, University Libraries, 2011. Mode of access: Internet.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 43 x 30 cm., folded to 21 x 30 cm.
- Use Restrictions:
- These materials are in the public domain. No copyright permissions are needed. Acknowledgement of the Boston College University Libraries as a source for borrowed images is requested.